physical therapy Services in Allentown makes life easier for patients and their loved ones. The convenience and comfort of home health care stand out as one of the key benefits of physical therapy services like those we offer at Caring Family in Allentown, PA. Travel challenges exist in many homes, so the physical therapy professional comes to you rather than have that stress.
Other benefits include:
- Personalized Focus. Outpatient PT may have only one therapist for several patients. The therapist often has other duties as well. With in-home PT, your loved one gets the caregiver’s full attention. Overall, this creates the perfect environment for a higher quality of care.
- Decreased Stress. Elderly and infirm patients are not always comfortable in a room full of strangers. Outpatient PT can also be noisy and crowded depending on the day. At home, your loved one faces none of these issues. Familiarity and comfort play a vital role in the success of therapy sessions.
- It Works! If it’s not broken, why fix it? A study published in the Journal of Physical Therapy Science concluded that at-home physical therapy services like those provided by Caring Family sometimes work better than outpatient care.
- Comprehension: Physical therapy includes various exercises, some of which require standing in a doorway, for example, stretching. When the therapist illustrates the movement in the home, the patient as a reference point they understand, sometimes translating instructions from outpatient care to the house is confusing.
The Broad Spectrum of Physical Therapy
When they think of physical therapy, many people go directly to recovery from an injury or recent surgery. However, there are many other everyday problems people experience, and physical therapy can be beneficial. These conditions include:
- Arthritis: A physical therapist will illustrate strength training movements that help stabilize and support the joints. Gentle stretches ease the pain.
- Back pain: One complaint the aides at Caring Family hear is an aching back. This disrupts sleep and often mobility.
- Headaches & Migraines: Some headaches originate from the upper cervical spine. When the therapist locates the troublesome joint, they can use their knowledge to return that joint to proper positioning.
- TMJ disorders (Jaw Pain): A physical therapist focuses on the neck and jaw joints and the chewing muscles to resolve.
- Vertigo. There are specific PT maneuvers that allow the therapist to resolve the problem. What happens is the crystals in the inner ear dislodge. The therapy gets them back in place.
Benefits of Physical Therapy Services in Allentown, Pa
You don’t want a professional service far from your home. Caring Family can design a personalized plan of care to get the physical therapy you need at home if you live in the Allentown, PA area. If you’d like more information or have questions about your unique situation, you can contact us through our online form HERE, our email – email@example.com, or by phone at 844-818-0039.
We look forward to talking with you soon.